- Salary:GBP 35000 to GBP 45000 per annum
- Location:London, Greater London, GB
A high profile institution requires a controls focused accountant to support their Reconciliation and Control team in the delivery of balance sheet substantiation and robust accounting processes.
This is an excellent opportunity to work alongside key operational teams across Banking, Markets and Finance and will require high level stakeholder engagement in order to drive process improvement.
The job holder will be required to:
- Ensure that the timetable for delivery of monthly Balance sheet and Profit and Loss controls to all Bank wide stakeholders is being met to the agreed deadlines.
- Ensure the reconciliation system and files are maintained in accordance to the reconciliation best practice principles and guidelines.
- Prepare and analyse Errors and Omissions, Suspense account reporting, Collateral and holding reconciliations to agreed deadlines.
- Deal effectively with audit teams, liaising with external auditors, internal audit /compliance teams
- Prepare and review accounting journals and assist with ad-hoc queries and investigations.
- Keep pace with changes in our stakeholder business areas and work with them to design robust reconciliation processes with associated reporting;
- Assess the effectiveness of the current reporting approach and recommend and implement changes Attendance at relevant meetings with Finance, Markets and Banking operational teams.
- Review and update process maps and instructions, making recommendations to processes as required.
- The jobholder will be expected to coach the team to help raise the level of accounting knowledge.
Strong accounting skills are required, coupled with the ability to build strong relationships internally.
www.badenochandclark.com - Let's find the career that connects with your life.
Badenoch & Clark is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Badenoch & Clark is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a registered Disability Symbol User.