Strategic Contract Manager required in London or Leeds by Central Government department.
The successful candidate will provide strategic contract management and commercial leadership to the department, its ALBs and to wider associated organisations.
This role involves the management of some of the highest profile contracts across the organisation, dealing with a range of senior stakeholders to ensure contract compliance and high quality service delivery.
The role will therefore require the development of strong relationships with a range of internal and external contacts at all levels across government from senior leaders to operational managers.
The post will provide strategic leadership and coaching to contract management teams, and will include some line management responsibilities.
You will be expected to work with a high degree of complexity and show excellent judgement.
Key requirements of the role:
* Significant previous experience of leading contract negotiations and contract reviews;
* Previous experience of leading the development and embedding of contract management across large, complex organisations. This includes overseeing the development of robust tools, techniques and processes and engaging with stakeholders across the business;
* Previous leadership experience in contract management / procurement / legal / finance field is essential along with applicable industry experience;
* Previous experience of managing complex / high profile contract management activity;
* Experience of analysing and summarising contract requirements for key stakeholders;
* Significant previous experience of meeting challenging deadlines while maintaining accuracy and consistency in the creation of documentation;
* Strong experience of management of financial elements within contracts including deep understanding of prices / costs and supplier margins in order to judge when a contract provides best value for taxpayers whilst creating and maintaining a sustainable yet competitive commercial solution.
The Strategic Contract Manager will:
* Lead in the design and implementation of innovative commercial solutions, including robust and leading edge contract management tools, techniques and processes and ensure they are embedded across the department and its ALBs;
* Provide strategic direction to a team of procurement and contract management professionals to ensure that all activity supports the department's key objectives, is underpinned with robust governance and risk management whilst complying with all relevant Government, EU and departmental policies and regulations;
* Develop strong relationships with a range of internal and external stakeholders at all levels within the department, the ALBs and government in order to maximise opportunities to collaborate and achieve efficiency;
* Lead on developing contract management capability across the department and its ALBs in order to support the embedding of a commercially focused culture across the organisation. This will include coaching and mentoring colleagues across the department;
* Provide subject matter expertise to a range of complex and high risk commercial issues across health including coaching and mentoring the team to ensure they developing their own capability in dealing with complex and challenging contract management issues;
* Ensure that activity across the team is delivered in a timely manner, achieving deadlines and produced accurately and consistently;
* Lead on developing, embedding and continuously improving the contract management framework including the tools, templates, methods and processes which underpin the activity. This includes ensuring that the team routinely learns from previous experience in order to improve future activity;
* Work with strategic suppliers to the organisation at senior levels in order to manage contracts appropriately, obtain key supplier performance information and maintain the relationship into health;
* Ensure that robust performance management principles are embedded into the working of the team to facilitate clear and accurate reporting of progress and achievements and present the information to senior stakeholders;
* Lead on aspects of the wider government commercial agenda on behalf of the organisation as required;
Suitable candidates will be MCIPS qualified / a member of, or in final stages of studying for membership of the International Association for Contract and Commercial Management (IACCM) / will have relevant degree, such as in law or finance, MBA / will have extensive related industry experience.
www.badenochandclark.com - Let's find the career that connects with your life. Badenoch & Clark is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Badenoch & Clark is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a registered Disability Symbol User.
What would you like to speak about?
What would you like to speak about?
Our experts are ready to help your business