Our client, a sport federation is looking for a full-time Legal Counsel. The position is based in Lausanne and is available as of 1 January 2020.
Reporting directly to the Legal Director, the ideal candidate will manage the prosecution anti-doping cases, abuse cases, as well as any other types of cases decided by the federation Tribunal and/or the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS).
- Investigation of positive medication and doping cases as well as any other types of cases decided by the Federation Tribunal;
- Drafting written submissions to the Federation Tribunal and CAS;
- Prosecuting cases (including experience in safeguarding and/or criminal matters), where required, leading the hearings on behalf of the Federation.
- Ensuring the prosecution of all cases in accordance with Federation regulations and in conformity with a fair and equitable process;
- Representation of the Federation if and as required before the CAS and/or other courts;
- Attending Federation Tribunal meetings;
- Reviewing reports with respect to offences committed during Federation events;
- Attending and presenting at meetings of Federation stakeholder groups;
- Provide general support within the Legal Department;
- Advising on and drafting Rules and Regulations, in particular the AntiDoping Rules
- Bachelor/(Master) degree in Law;
- Fluent in English (English mother tongue preferable), fluency in French or any other languages is a plus;
- Minimum 3 to 5 years’ experience as a qualified lawyer in the required core areas;
- Strong litigation experience. Experience in proceedings before the Court of Arbitration for Sport is a plus;
- Excellent command of MS Office;
- Experience of sport law is a plus; experience of anti-doping procedures would be a particular advantage;
- Excellent drafting and oral advocacy skills;
- Strong organizational, communication and relationship-building skills; and
- Team player who is self-motivated, responsible and can work autonomously.