Our client is a well known international FMCG company based in the region of Zaventem.
Being one of the world’s leading branded manufacturers, our client employs over 300 people in Belgium, worldwide 75.000.
For one of their business segments we are looking for an ambitious and dynamic Demand Planner (m/f), reporting into the Demand Planning Manager.
You will lead the demand planning process for your business segment by creating an agreed sales forecast and you will act as an advisor for the demand part in the Sales and Operations Planning cycle.
Your main goal is to build an accurate sales forecast taken into account other supply chain targets such as stock levels, casefill, …
Within the team you will work closely together with the stock controller of your business segment and also with other departments such as sales, trade marketing, financial planning, product supply, and the factories.
To achieve this you will:
- Work together with other departments to obtain and ensure that current and accurate information is used for the development of a rolling forecast
- Construct baseline per product based on historical data
- Participate in the sales and operations activity meetings and the demand review meeting
- Think proactively by keeping updated with latest business information such as external events, capacity, changing priorities, guidelines and management decisions
- Initiate continuous improvement projects, use and maintain the demand planning software, deliver supply chain insights to the business
- Weekly communication of the forecast to the factories and pro-active communication about big changes, activities or other relevant information
- Participate in factory reviews to improve processes, agree on minimum safety stock,…
- Master degree
- Ideally you have a first experience within Demand Planning/Supply Chain
- You are able to work in a dynamic, international environment
- You have strong analytical skills and a strong eye for detail
- You are expert with Excel
- You are a strong communicator who is able to build relationships across departments
- You are eager to learn and you work in a pro-active way
- You are fluent in English with professional knowledge of Dutch and French
Joris Van Rompa