For our client, a global medical company, we are looking for the General Ledger Accountant. This is an exciting position in an established Finance team of a global player.
Main Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Conduct general ledger accounting, including processing journal entries, processing allocation, and performing reconciliations
- Close and reconcile subsidiary ledgers, including closing transaction processing and closing transaction systems subsidiary ledgers
- Manage capital and fixed assets, including asset creation and records management, asset depreciation write-ups, asset transfers and retirement, and asset impairment; conduct month-end and year-end reporting, and perform fiscal year closing.
- Prepare preliminary financial statements, including reviewing trial balance, processing adjustments, performing financial close analysis, and closing the general ledger for various Affiliates
- Support in Budgeting and Forecasting activities
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Business Administration, Economics, Accounting or other related field required
- One to three years of experience in finance/accounting, experience in manufacturing is a plus.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills including ability to manage multiple projects with tight deadlines and high accountability.
- Able to work in a dynamic, team-oriented, fast-paced environment while being proactive, flexible and independent.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proficient in MS Office Excel, Word and PowerPoint. SAP experience is a plus.
- English and German language fluency