Financial Controller Temp Role
6 months Lausanne area
Reporting directly to Finance Director
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Ensuring the availability in time of relevant business information which includes the monthly Financial reporting based on US GAAP :
- Preparation of monthly reports including sales commentary, P&Ls, key indicators.
- Preparation of statutory reporting up to year end closings.
- Coordination of the EMEA planning process including the consolidation of data and the preparation of documents analyses.
- Providing critical analysis on the groups monthly, quarterly, forecast and budget reporting,
- Conducting Cost control and variance analysis,
- Delivering financial advice and leadership to the other business functions such as Marketing, Sales, Financial Planning & Analysis…to investigate and analyse unusual trends.
- Liaise – amongst other - with the External & Internal Auditors, Tax authorities and other governmental bodies, Banks & Outsource partners,
- Monitoring and maintaining reporting compliance with the groups policies both locally and internationally
- Improving Financial processes and procedures to reduce costs and drive efficiency.
Education & Personal Skills
- University degree / MBA,
- A minimum of 7 years experience, ideally both in Auditing and in an International Finance environment,
- A strong accounting background with hands-on experience of working with US GAAP and SOX,
- A proven ability to analyse and interpret financial information,
- Fluency in English. Further language skills would be a plus,
- A thorough knowledge of excel and Dynamics AX
- The ability to work with tight deadlines and manage conflicting priorities,
- Excellent communication skills to provide financial advice,
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, an understanding for cultural diversity and an ability to deal competently with people at all levels in the organisation.